Benson Amps Chimera
This product is currently sold out.
CHIMERA 30 WATT GUITAR AMPLIFIER
The Chimera was designed to fulfill the needs of players who:
- Enjoy a Tweed Deluxe but find it could be lacking in punch and versatility
- Enjoy a Top Boost AC15 or 30 but find the upper frequencies a little quacky and grating
- Enjoy a Supro Thunderbolt but want more clarity and better harmonics
- Think some boutique amps they have tried are too bright and/or lacking a certain something…what is it called…tone that satisfies.
- 4 x JJ 6V6 power tubes, 2 x JJ 12AX7 preamp tubes, rectifier
- Speaker outputs: 1 x 8 ohm, 1 x 16 ohm
This 30 watt head and 2x12 companion speaker cabinet is for players who love the unique tone and bread-and-butter simplicity of the Monarch, but need it in a louder package for the big stage. Like other Bensons, it is fully hand-wired point to point on terminal strips using premium components and Mercury Magnetics transformers. Instead of a British-American switch, the Chimera has a bass control that takes the differences between the voices of the Monarch and makes them variable. The tone controls are musical and versatile…it is hard to find a harsh sound!
- Head 47cm W 20cm H 20cm D 10 kgs
- Point to point construction on terminal strips *no circuit, eyelet or turret board*
- Mercury Magnetics transformers
- Carbon Comp resistors
- Jupiter Capacitors
- DC filments for low noise
- Dovetailed pine speaker cabinets
- Baltic birch head cabinet
- Celestion G12H Well-balanced…a good choice for most Chimeras