Benson Amps Chimera Guitar Head (6 moth lead time)
This product is currently sold out.
CHIMERA 30 WATT GUITAR AMPLIFIER
The Chimera was designed to fulfill the needs of players who:
- Enjoy a Tweed Deluxe but find it could be lacking in punch and versatility
- Enjoy a Top Boost AC15 or 30 but find the upper frequencies a little quacky and grating
- Enjoy a Supro Thunderbolt but want more clarity and better harmonics
- Think some boutique amps they have tried are too bright and/or lacking a certain something…what is it called…tone that satisfies.
- 4 x JJ 6V6 power tubes, 2 x JJ 12AX7 preamp tubes, rectifier
- Speaker outputs: 1 x 8 ohm, 1 x 16 ohm
This 30 watt head and 2x12 companion speaker cabinet is for players who love the unique tone and bread-and-butter simplicity of the Monarch, but need it in a louder package for the big stage. Like other Bensons, it is fully hand-wired point to point on terminal strips using premium components and Mercury Magnetics transformers. Instead of a British-American switch, the Chimera has a bass control that takes the differences between the voices of the Monarch and makes them variable. The tone controls are musical and versatile…it is hard to find a harsh sound!
- Head 47cm W 20cm H 20cm D 10 kgs
- Point to point construction on terminal strips *no circuit, eyelet or turret board*
- Mercury Magnetics transformers
- Carbon Comp resistors
- Jupiter Capacitors
- DC filments for low noise
- Dovetailed pine speaker cabinets
- Baltic birch head cabinet
- Celestion G12H Well-balanced…a good choice for most Chimeras